Tuesday, November 27, 2007

# 9 - Feeding your RSS

After spending a significant amount of time finding all the RSS links on the websites I wanted registered as part of the previous task, I just heaved a big sigh when I saw that this element introduced a number of tools for searching by subject and would have saved me some time. (another sigh)

Anyhow, I went in to check them out and found that:
  • Feedster - couldn't access the site
  • Technorati - I didn't like it at all, too busy and not really of interest to me
  • Google blog search - I liked the way it worked, but I'm not that interested in other blogs
  • Topix - I thought this was the best of the search engines shown and did save add some RSS feeds to my bloglines after doing some searches on it.

I will say that the feeds that I listed only earlier today, have already been collecting news in the areas I was interested in (primarily AFL football and the Kangaroos), so I can see the benefits of them immediately.

No comments: