Tuesday, November 27, 2007

# 8 - RSS feeds

This started off looking quite confusing and technical, but in reality (once you get past all the intricate instructions) is quite simple.

All you need to do is look for the RSS button or link in a website, click on it, copy the html address and then add into your bloglines account.

I've set up my RSS feeds to have a distinctly AFL feed, with lots of feeds coming in from the AFL website and sports sections of the key newspapers. This may become overwhelming during the main season - as there are a lot of articles written - but I'll monitor the situation and if necessary can delete some feeds.

Can see there is alot of potential in this, but I did note with interest that neither the City of Boroondara or City of Darebin (where I live) websites have a RSS feed link, which I think could be quite useful. Will be interesting to see if they get a feed happening in the near future.

1 comment:

Polyxena said...

That's an interesting point about Darebin and Boroondara. I wonder how many Councils do provide RSS feeds.